The campaign, created by Monster Children Creative, documents Gilmore’s epic surf trip to Fiji’s idyllic Coral Coast.
Corona has launched the latest iteration of its global campaign, featuring Australian sporting icon and seven-time world surfing champion Stephanie Gilmore.
The campaign, created by Sydney-based Monster Children Creative, documents Gilmore’s epic surf trip to Fiji’s idyllic Coral Coast as a means of highlighting the importance of reconnecting with nature along with friends.
Corona surfing on Fiji’s idyllic Coral Coast
“Corona as brand from the beach has always had a history with surfing and surfers,” Corona global brand director Evan Ellman says.
“You don’t have to be a surfer to take inspiration from the lifestyle and the people, especially individuals like Stephanie who are as talented in and as they are out of the water. We believe that her involvement in the campaign will inspire people to do more than just surf, but also reconnect with friends, with nature and with their best selves.”
Corona hopes to inspire consumers to spend more time outside and has a long history of partnering with surfers and the surf community who already champion this lifestyle.
This campaign is no exception, and also features Bridey McNeven from Australia, Mikey February from South Africa, Kaito Ohashi from Japan and Hawaiian photographer Alana Spencer.
“Corona is a brand that I really enjoy working with because it shares a lot of my own values around having a positive impact and making a genuine difference,” Gilmore says.
“Both this campaign and our work earlier this year to raise awareness of plastic pollution in Bali are examples of that, and I’m excited to continue collaborating with Corona in 2020.”
Stephanie Gilmore also lends her voice to the campaign, which was directed by surf filmmaker Kai Neville and photographed by Chris Searl.
The campaign will run globally across OOH, television, Youtube, Facebook and Instagram from November 2019 through 2020.
- Agency – Monster Children Creative
- Creative Director: Matthew Pike
- Account Director: Kieran Burke
- Digital Director: Jam Hassan
- Art Director: Matthew Pike
- Designer: Jye Kwong
- Corona – Anheuser-Busch InBev
- VP, Global Brands: Richard Oppy
- Global VP, Corona: Felipe Ambra
- Global Marketing Director, Corona: Evan Ellman
- Production Company – Monster Children Films
- Director: Kai Neville
- DOP: Campbell Brown
- Executive Producer: Jam Hassan
- Photographer: Christopher Searl
- Photographer Assistant / Line Producer: Oli Black
- 1st AC: Jani Haekli
- 2nd AC / Data: Charlie Slesser
- Water Cinematographer: Andrew Gough
- Water Photographer: Alana Spencer
- Drone Operator: Hayden Griffiths
- Production Assistant: Georgia Creer
- Editors: Kai Neville, Stewart Arnott, Braden Trotter
- Colourist: Fergus Rotherham
- Sound Post-Production: Sonar Music
- Music: Colleen – Geometria Del Universo (Bank Robber Music)
- Stills Retoucher: Adam Hayes
- Talent: Stephanie Gilmore, Mikey February, Bridey McNeven, Kaito Ohashi, Alana Spencer
- Fiji Water team: Cormac, Manasa, Lesi, Api, Tui
Special thanks to: The amazing teams at Matanivusi Resort and Waterways Travel, Whitney Gilmore, Rush Path, Werner Winkelmann, Lemac, Panavision, Kodak, Dave Kelly, Roar Digital, Williams & Gosling Ltd